Friday 18 February 2011

A Good Week

So, a successful week in the life of this particular Blythe fanatic. No, I haven't yet purchased another doll (with seven days until pay day I'm already living off water and mung beans), rather four things happened which plastered a ridiculous grin across my chops.

First of all, the dress I'd ordered from the fantastic goodblythe on Etsy arrived, all the way from Hong Kong in just under two weeks and Kitty looks a-to-the-mazing in it. It's a puff-sleeved leopard print number with padded cups and a black patent belt. I'll post some pics when the light is better.

Secondly, I pre-registered my 'me plus one' for Blythecon UK 2011! Squeal!! Lucky I did because I just checked the site and they're sold out. It's not until 1st October but I already can't wait. I told the boyfriend and he says he'll come with me although frankly, I won't expect him to! I have sat supportively on beaches and watched him surf for hours on end but rocking the O'Neill surf-babe thing is a lot easier than a man making his way round a doll fair! We'll see.

They may be releasing more tickets in June if pre-registered people don't pay the balance so keep checking the site if you want to go. Click here.

Thirdly, just over an hour ago I won an auction on eBay for an almost-complete set of stock from the Natasha Moore Blythe (UK seller)! I say 'almost complete' because it's missing the handbag but otherwise it's a bloody good lot. Here's a pic of the full stock from cybermelli on Flickr.



The bids went mental just before the end of the auction and I ended up paying a wee bit more than I wanted (ahem) but it was worth it. A kit including shoes (albeit slightly rubbery ones), a necklace, earrings, hair accessories, a coat, stockings, a dress and sunglasses has got to be worth grabbing! Hopefully it will arrive next week.

Fourth and final 'good thing' is to do with hair. Now, much as I love my Simply Chocolate, her hair isn't her best feature. It's cut with a heavy fringe which I adore but the overall texture is very coarse and it has quite choppy layers through the back which means it sits quite awkwardly. I do think it looks better in brunette as her sister, Simply Vanilla looks like an 80's newsreader with her coarse peroxide do. Anyway, I'd pinned Kitty's hair up as per the pics in my first post and yesterday I took it down. It turns out a week in a topknot was the best thing I could have done as Kitty now has bouncy, voluminous locks! It's just the right side of Tina Turner which, if you're a fan of big hair, is a good thing. As I type this she's sitting on the table in front of me, fully decked out in her vampish new dress with hair Cheryl Cole would be jealous of.

No comments:

Post a Comment