Tuesday 15 February 2011

Silver Dream...

Wanted to post some pictures and links for Kiss Me True, the doll I mention in my last post. I'm pretty bored at work so while I've got a few minutes spare, of course my thoughts turn to her and whether I can justify buying her! Anyway, here she is...

This is her official 'publicity' shot from the CWC website.

Here's a link to a wonderful photographer, Moon Rouge on Flickr. She has an enviable collection of Blythe dolls and has taken some brilliant shots of her KMT, who is named Krystal Blue.

Click here

As I already have Kitty who is brunette, I was really keen for my next doll to be a blonde, purely for balance really. I'd seen a few different blondes in my price range and just this weekend was outbid on eBay on a NRFB 'Sunday's Very Best' Blythe. Actually, that was really upsetting. I'd been watching her for days and noticed that by some miracle, the price wasn't increasing as quickly as I would have expected (this was from a non-wholesale UK based seller with excellent feedback) so I decided to bid on her. I was the winning bidder right up until the very last second then, just as I thought she was mine, it said I'd been outbid with one second to go. My boyfriend said it was probably a sniper bidder using a pre-programmed bid system. I was so upset but had to accept that's just the way things are on eBay sometimes.

Anyway, having set my heart on her I had to move on and it was while I was scouring the eBay listings that I found Kiss Me True. She wasn't one I'd seen before and at first I wasn't sure about her hair colour (I'm not a fan of the fantasy hair colours - I prefer more natural colours). However, once I'd read her biography and looked through some more images, I was smitten. I don't like the 'cutesy' look for Blythe, I prefer her when she's high fashion and cutting edge so KMT's strapless dress, leather jacket and platform boots really appealed to me. Her hair is a very unusual colour and it's long which is another feature I wanted of my next doll.

Oh, but look at me trying to justify my imminent purchase! I do think she'll be mine soon, I just need to make peace with the expense. Eeek!

No comments:

Post a Comment